Join our Listserv
Be the first to know about the gardening season, plot distribution, upcoming events, and general garden news! Email Countway Community Garden to sign up.
If you'd like to help out with the garden without a long-term commitment, we are always looking for volunteers! Since the garden is located in a recessed brick patio, it often requires daily watering during the warmer months. Our communal beds can always use a little TLC (especially weeding and tending). And our many events are often in need of staffing. If you're interested in helping out with these or any other tasks, we would love to have you! Please email us to sign up.
Garden Advisory Team
The Garden Advisory Team is a year-round committee which supports the mission and vision of the Countway Community Garden, including many exciting projects and initiatives. Chaired by the Outreach Coordinator, the team will be comprised of students, faculty, and staff from the Longwood Medical Campus and affiliate hospitals. Stay tuned for announcements for the 2023 season! Questions can be directed anytime to Countway Community Garden.
Apply for a Garden Plot
Interested in hosting your own garden plot for the 2023 growing season? A limited number of garden plots will be distributed on a first-come first-served basis for the 2023 growing season. Stay tuned for announcements!
Rules for All Gardeners
The following rules were composed to help all gardeners enjoy this communal space. All 2023 gardeners requesting plots are required to agree to the following. Failure to comply with these rules will result in losing the opportunity to garden in the next growing season. Any questions can be directed to Countway Community Garden.
- I agree that my assigned plot must show active gardening by two weeks after Memorial Day, or it will be considered available and will be offered to the waitlist.
- I agree to keep assigned plot well-maintained throughout the growing season (May-November), including regular maintenance such as watering, weeding, and pest control.
- I agree to winterize any plots by the first frost (October/November). This includes cleaning up and prepping plots for the winter, either with hay or cover crops.
- I agree to be a good steward of the garden, keeping the overall garden space (including the brick courtyard) clean and free of trash and debris, and to remind others (and ourselves!) of the "pack in/pack out" policy regarding trash. I understand that the Garden's composter is only for garden compost, and not food waste.
- I agree to avoid using chemical fertilizers and pest management techniques.
- I understand that I am responsible for providing all plants, seeds, and any additional fertilizers used in my own plot.
- I understand that the Countway Community Garden is not responsible for lost or stolen plants, supplies, or tools.
Please note: groups are welcome and encouraged to request shared plots.