Want to learn more about the Center's collections? Interested in linking to digitized primary resources in the history of medicine and public health?
The Center has forty-six online exhibits that incorporate our rare books, manuscripts, Harvard Medical, Dental, and School of Public Health records, and Warren Anatomical Museum objects, artifacts, and specimens.
- 3-D printing of museum specimens for educational use
- Anatomical dissection
- Apothecaries (pharmacists) and their tools
- Birth control and family planning
- Caring for the sick and wounded of the Civil War
- Chinese and botanical medicine
- Eugenics and scientific racism
- Harvard Medical School and WWI
- History of anatomy
- Historical views of diseases and epidemics
- Naval medicine and the War of 1812
- Medical aspects of slavery and racism
- Molecular genetics, cancer, and virology
- Plastic surgery
- Women at Harvard Medical School
- Women in medicine
Please note that many of these online exhibits include collections material owned by the Boston Medical Library. If you are interested in accessing the originals in these exhibits, please contact the Boston Medical Library.