The collections of the Countway Library support Harvard Medical School, the Harvard School of Dental Medicine, the Chan School of Public Health, and faculty cased at affiliated medical centers in the Boston area. The collections are available to all Harvard University students, faculty, and staff and to the public upon request.
Highlights from the vast array of materials within Countway's diverse collections include:
- Selected print serials in the library’s Russell Reading Room
- Thousands of peer-reviewed, online serials
- One of the country's largest print serials collections with many titles dating back to the 1800’s
- Major serial indexes such as PubMed. Web of Science, EMBASE, PsycINFO, and CINAHL
- Current books in both print and electronic formats
- Special circulating collections and course reserves
- A significant collection of historical books, serials, manuscripts, and artifacts managed by the Center for the History of Medicine
The library will accept donations within the guidelines of our policies.
For questions about the collections of the Countway Library, please contact: