People doing research for Harvard faculty members may eligible for a Research Assistant account. These accounts are proxies for the sponsoring faculty's library account. They give full access to Harvard Library resources.
The Research Assistant library credential is strictly for individuals who are conducting research on behalf of a Harvard teaching faculty member. This credential is not for personal research or personal access to library resources.
The faculty sponsor assumes responsibility for all fines and other liabilities from the account. All correspondence related to it goes to the sponsor, not the assistant.
Countway can make accounts for faculty of the following schools:
- Harvard Medical School (HMS)
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine (HSDM)
- Harvard T.H. Chan School (HSPH)
For other schools, please contact the Harvard Library Privileges Office.
- Download the application
- Complete the form in its entirety and sign (both sponsor and researcher)
- Bring the application and a government-issued ID to the front desk on a weekday between 8:00am and 3:30pm
We will process the application and explain activation. We will also be happy to explain how to use our resources and answer any of your questions. Cards are valid for one year after issue. Please email email@example.com with inquiries.
Please note that renewals must now follow the same procedure as initial applications.