Placing Material on Reserve
Instructors and teaching assistants may place items on course reserve. Please follow the directions for your school below.
HSPH Reserves using Canvas
1. Go to your course website and log in as an instructor using your HarvardKey
2. Click on "Library Reserves" on the left side of the page under the "Home" menu
3. Find "Manage Library Reserves" on the top right of the page, then select "Add New Reserve"
For more Canvas tutorials, please visit Canvas Library Reserves Guide.
HMS & HSDM Reserves
1. Search the Hollis catalog to see if Harvard owns the material you want to place on reserve
2. Fill out the form below for each reserve item.
Materials will be posted to your Canvas site in these timeframes.
Content already available at the library:
- E-books and links to digital journal articles - 1-2 business days
- PDFs of chapters scanned from print materials - 2-4 business days
- Other scans from print materials - 4 weeks
- Streaming media - 1-2 business days
Content that needs to be purchased:
- E-books - varies, depending on licensing agreements/li>
- Scans of print material - 4-6 weeks
- Streaming media - varies, depending on licensing agreements
Reserve requests should be placed at least two weeks before they are needed.
Countway cannot currently link articles for HMS or HSDM classes in Canvas, in most cases.
To reuse materials from a previous semester, follow the instructions to reuse a list, editing it to delete/add items.
Countway Library works with instructors to make course material available to all students. Some of this material is available online and some is available only inside the library.
Online material for many courses is available on Canvas. Physical print reserves are for in-library use only. They are available on the second floor of the Countway Library in the Russell Reading Room.
For help please call (617) 432-2136 or contact us.