Please see below a few library updates for July and August:
- The Coop will be adjusting their hours for the remainder of the summer to Monday-Thursday 10am to 5pm. The shop will be closed on Fridays until the Fall semester approaches.
- We have started consolidating the collections by shifting the books from the stacks on L1 down to L2. Take a look at how the process is going! Thank you to everyone who continues to diligently work towards caring for the collections post BML move.
- There are new COVID testing kits; they have transitioned back to cotton swabs instead of the plastic swab, so please dispose of the old kits.
- August 1st marks the start of the academic year for HMS.
- There are no Countway Town Halls or All-Staff meetings scheduled for the month of July.
- Upcoming events:
- Michelle Bass’s farewell—Wednesday, July 13th from 12pm to 2pm in the Countway Community Garden. Rain location will be in the 1st floor classrooms.
- Next Countway Town Hall meeting will be on Wednesday, August 10th from 1pm to 2pm in the Countway Community Garden. This will be an ice cream social.
- Next Countway All-Staff meeting will be on Wednesday, August 24th from 1pm to 2pm.
Please join me and Len in thanking Paul Bain, who has agreed to serve as Interim Manager for Research and Instruction, effective July 14th. With the onboarding of new R&I Librarians, the transition to a new Information Desk model of service and the upcoming arrival of new LMA students to the 2022/23 academic year, Paul's experience and familiarity with Countway will be especially helpful during this transition.
Enjoy the summer, it flies by too quickly!