About Interlibrary Loan:
- Loan Period: Each item has a different loan period. For non-Harvard ILL book loans, the due date will be on a book label. For Harvard loans that are received from other Harvard libraries, the due date will be found in your HOLLIS account.
- Renewals: Each item has a different renewal policy. Please check the "View/Renew Checked Out Item" page in ILLiad to request a renewal.
Eligible users for the Countway MMS lnterlibrary Loan Program:
Any member of the Massachusetts Medical Society has privileges for interlibrary loan borrowing at Countway.
Registering for an MMS ILL account:
Please see the new user registration form.
Create a username and password to use this service. For verification, it is important to select MMS member or staff under department and status, and include a billing address.
When you have completed your registration you will receive an email with details about your account.
Requesting Interlibrary Loans:
Once you login to your MMS ILL account, you will be able to submit and view transactions.
- This service is free to all eligible users.
- Interlibrary loan requests for the Massachusetts Medical Society are obtained from Harvard and non-Harvard libraries.
- Article requests can take 1 - 5 business days.
- It can take 7 - 14 business days to obtain a book loan.
- Articles and book chapters are delivered electronically to your ILL account whenever possible according to copyright.
- Books and other loans will be held at the Countway Library Circulation desk.
Tips & Tricks:
When submitting citations, complete citation as much as possible.
- Do you have a PubMed ID, or an ISSN? Include these numbers to speed the request time.
- Check transactions status under the "view/modify outstanding requests" menu button (on the left of the main menu).
- Download electronic documents under the "view/download requests" menu button (on the left of the main menu).
- You will receive an email letting you know when your article is posted to your MMS ILL account and is ready to view/download.
- If you have an incomplete citation, still submit your request. We will proceed with the research and contact you with questions.
- Use the notes field to leave questions and comments for us.
Contact & Help:
For assistance with interlibrary loan or research, and reference, contact: