Log in to ILLiad
Interlibrary loan (ILL) enables Harvard University affiliates to request materials from Harvard libraries and beyond.
There are many ways to find a book you need, please see information about Borrow Direct to see which service is best for you.
About Interlibrary Loan:
- Loan Period: 6-weeks, with one 6-week renewal, unless the book is restricted to in-library use only. Due dates can be found in your HOLLIS account.
- All Harvard students, faculty, and staff
- BML Fellows
- MMS Patrons
- Hospital Harvard ID holders
- Research Assistants with Special Borrower IDs
- Please see the Who Can Use Countway page to determine your eligibility.
- Books and loans will arrive in approximately 2 weeks or less.
- Articles will arrive between 24 hours and 2 weeks.
- Books and loans will be held at the pickup location of your choice.
- Articles will be delivered electronically to your Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) account whenever possible according to copyright.
- Speed of delivery depends on where the items come from, format (electronic versus print), thoroughness of ILL transaction upon submission in ILLiad, and other factors.
- This service is free to all eligible users.
- RUSH requests from the Countway Library collection cost $25.00 each, available M-F 8:30AM-2PM.
- Rush requests should be submitted through the Countway Express order form.
- They will be filled as quickly as possible.
Tips & Tricks:
When submitting transactions, complete citation as much as possible.
- Do you have a PubMed ID, or an ISSN? Include these numbers to speed up the request time.
- To see that status of your request, please clock 'transaction status' under the "view/modify outstanding requests" menu button (on the left hand menu).
- To download your electronic documents go to the "view/download requests" menu button (on the left hand menu).
- If you have an incomplete citation, still submit your request. We will proceed with the research and contact you with questions.
- Use the notes field to leave questions and comments for us.
Resource Sharing-Interlibrary Loan Contact Information:
- Mail: Harvard Library Resource Sharing, 1 Harvard Yard, Room G-30, Cambridge, MA 02138
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 617-495-2972